Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Salmon-Potato-Leek Quiche

I've been a bad blogger and a bad chef, mostly due to the beautiful weather (which curbs my appetite, and also makes me not want to slave away in the kitchen if I can avoid it) as well as a jam-packed work schedule. Of course, when you have zero time to cook, all you want to do when you get home is to heat up a frozen meal in the microwave while you're changing out of your high heels and into your fuzzy slippers.... but I'm just not a fan of those sodium-packed, zero-nutrition, often over-priced Lean Cuisine and Amy's dishes. So what gives? I'm making my own, of course!

My favorite food to make in advance and freeze has to be the quiche, especially now when I finally figured out how to make a low calorie crust without compromising on taste. Below is a salmon-potato-leek version that I made the other day - served it for lunch earlier today with a tomato salad and some string beans on the side and it was delicious!

Nutritional stats per slice (1/4 of whole quiche): 252 calories, 30 g carbs, 21 g protein, 5 g fat, 4 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 278 mg sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment