Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Quick and yummy lunch: Salmon-Lentil Salad with Soy Dressing

I think every time I have Chinese food for dinner (yes, even though I love to brag about how I always cook my own meals from scratch, I slip up now and then), my scale indicates a weight gain of a whopping 5 lbs the following morning. Yikes! Probably just water weight, but still! That's what you get for soaking your steamed veggies in soy sauce....

But what's a girl to do? I love soy sauce! I'm having a busy day today, so instead of figuring out a new recipe for lunch, I made this lentil/salmon salad with low-sodium soy dressing (yes!) from SELF Magazine. I had to make some modifications to make the dish more waist line friendly, and I also subbed quinoa for their brown rice and used fresh instead of canned salmon. It came out delicious - will definitely make this again.

Nutritional stats: 418 calories, 53 g carbs, 32 g protein, 9 g fat, 9 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 563 mg sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment